Aging is a natural process. As we get older, the volume of our skin decreases and the skin becomes thinner. It affects the appearance and causes wrinkles, sagging skin, lines and folds on the skin.
Anti-aging treatment is a process to reduce these signs of aging and provide a younger appearance to the person. There are many different types of surgical and non-surgical anti-aging procedures. Most of the anti-aging procedures are considered as cosmetic treatments. Some of the most popular Anti aging treatments in Jalandhar include,
- Dermal fillers. Dermal filler is a non-invasive treatment to reduce wrinkles and other signs of aging. Dermal fillers are injectable products that boost the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid, which keeps the skin glowing and wrinkle free. Dermal fillers are used on the face and hands to reduce the wrinkles and folds.
- Botox injection. Botox is one of the most popular anti aging treatments. Botox injections are used to freeze certain nerves and tissues that cause the muscles to contract. Botox injection can remove wrinkles and other signs of aging from the forehead and eyes. Botox treatment lasts about 1 or 2 years.
- Dermabrasion is a minimal invasive treatment that involves sanding of the outer layer of skin. Dermabrasion is used to treat a number of skin conditions such as scars, wrinkles, dark spots, sun damage, etc. It uses a rotating device to sand off the outer layer of the face.
- Microdermabrasion is a similar process to dermabrasion which involves the sanding of the outer layer of the face. Microdermabrasion uses a machine to spray tiny particles on the skin. It can reduce wrinkles, folds and improve the appearance of the face. This procedure cannot treat deep scars and acne.
- Chemical peel. Chemical peel is a non-invasive and simple procedure to reduce the signs of aging of the face. In this procedure, the doctor applies an acidic chemical to peel away the outer layer of the face. It can treat scars, dark spots, wrinkles, sun damage, etc. It can also provide a brighter and glowing skin.
- Photofacial treatments. Photofacial treatments include light-based technology to correct skin problems, wrinkles and other signs of aging. There are two major types of photofacial treatment.
- Intense pulsed light (IPL). In this procedure, a beam of light with high intensity is focused on the skin tissues due to which the skin begins to heat up and destroys unwanted tissues and the immune system of the skin helps to eliminate damaged tissues and generates new healthy tissue. It can treat a number of skin conditions at the same time.
- Light emitting diode (LED). It is a very gentle procedure in which a narrow spectrum of light is used to boost collagen, which is essential for plumper, glowing and young skin. It also kills the bacteria that causes acne or other skin problems.
There are many other anti-aging treatments for different types of skin conditions. These treatments can be provided by a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologists, there are many cosmetic hospitals and clinics that can provide Anti aging treatments in Jalandhar.